Monday, May 29, 2006

Strangers on a bus


So, I was on the bus to university the other day and, just as it was approaching my stop, a petite and stylishly dressed girl hopped on. Having nothing better to do for the next two minutes, I decided to use this time to examine her outfit and see if I could take some inspiration from it.
Clinically examined thus, there was nothing particularly exciting about what Mystery Girl was wearing: a green jacket, presumably with a nice top underneath (I didn't have time to ogle her that much), jeans and a pair of green flats that matched the shade of her jacket perfectly.
Although the rest of her outfit was generally good, it was those flats that really caught my attention, in fact, I couldn't take my eyes off them. I'm usually a high heel girl, but even I have to admit that, when you think about it, heels are pretty fantastical creations both in their impracticality and their beauty - sort of like pink dragons in footwear terms. Uh, or something.
And so I'd been searching for a good month or so for a pair of flats that were as attractive as they were comfortable when Mystery Girl stepped onto the bus in hers.
My memory's pretty poor, but allow me describe to you what what little I can recall: the colour was a fresh shade of pea green that contrasted with the battered but clearly high quality leather they were made of and highlighted some interesting gold buckle details around the toe.
My recollection of them, even just a day later, is quite hazy, but the impression they inspired remains, and so, though the details are off, I can still remember seeing a beautiful pair of shoes.
How strange then that, browsing through ebay a few hours later that day, I should come across a pair of Chloe flats , red this time, that I thought, nay, I knew! were the same pair as those that had stood next to my bedraggled converse on the morning bus!
Sadly, with bidding already up to £92 and with still another 3 days of auctioning to go, my dream flats are already far beyond my means (hence my status as a window-licker), but perhaps the one or two people who do read this strange little blog would like to have a look.
Good luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shopaholic D said...

awww...they're adorable!

3:37 am  
Blogger Shopaholic D said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:41 am  
Blogger la femme said...

I'm not really a flats femme, but those are beautiful!

7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home