Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Left To My Own Devices...


penelope-ricci
Originally uploaded by dizzyink1985.
When I woke up this morning I found a one pound coin imprinted on the side of my face. "Hmm, that's nice", I thought as I rolled over to sleep again. When, an hour or three later, I finally unstuck my lashes and opened my eyes up to yet another obnoxiously sunny day, I decided to demur shifting these old limbs a few moments more and examine the other treasures to be found on the bedspread. They were:
A blue towel, faded, damp and totally disgusting by any hobo's standards
Several plastic bags
A pair of shoes
A jolly assortment of underwear
Two pairs of jeans
A cup, contents unknown

The rest of the room was so unutterably filthy I couldn't bear to look at it, so I grabbed the towel, shuddered, and hastily made for the shower.
And so I realised something about myself: that, when left to my own devices
I.
AM.
PIG.
GIRL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home